Because there's a bunch of us with a bunch to say to the bunch of you...

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mermaid Tea Parties and #5!

When we came up with the idea of a mermaid tea party I thought it was so cute.  "Different", the voice in my head said.  I'm into things being different, no regular fairy tea parties here thank you! Of course, the problem is that the ideas in my head and the realities of my time, energy, and checkbook often go into war with one another.  Which is why I have to hand it to God for saving me on this one.  Does God care about mermaid tea parties?  Yes He does.  Because He cares for Lucy and He cares for her over-stressed, perfectionist mother. Somehow between friends loaning me dishes, reminding me that it's more important to be sane for Lucy at her party, lending me moral support as I baked hours before the party, and Chris staying up way past his bedtime to help me tape multiple streamers to the ceiling I was reminded how much God cares about the details of our lives. Is it too important to me that everything look the best it can?  Yes it is.  Unfortuately I'm on a slow learning curve in this area of my life.  But the decorations did truly turn out better than I could have hoped and that is not a tribute to me but to God.  A God who knows me well enough to care that I care about the decorations for a mermaid tea party. A God who loves me well enough to teach me that even if everything had fallen apart it wouldn't have changed who I am in HIM.  Besides,  I'm pretty sure Lucy was just excited to have some friends over and consume sugar.  Although she did pronounce it to be, "The best tea party EVER!"

                                                            What a big 5 year old!





Making a mermaid craft

At the table

Sophia and Lucy

Lorelei and Lucy

Kylie and Lucy


So that was Saturday and last night we celebrated her actual birthday. When she woke up in the morning Chris told her happy birthday to which she said, "But I don't feel five! I'm not any bigger"  By the end of the day she did say she was feeling more like a five year old. She helped me bake her cake and was sooo patient waiting to open gifts until Chris got home.  Here are (yes more) pictures of the day. :)

Birthday Breakfast

Seeing her presents for the first time

Yea! Presents!

Sorry no pictures of Chris..I'll try to do better, he's always behind the camera.


Tearing the presents open

Birthday cake

The wind up...


Out they go!

Perfect end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment